McCrometer Launch The Next Generation Mag Meter
The FPI Mag is a Full Profile Insertion flow meter combining the ease of hot tap installation with an accurate measurement of the full flow profile. This is accomplished with a unique operating principle featuring multiple electrodes across the entire pipe diameter. This allows the FPI Mag to deliver accuracy unmatched by other insertion mag meters and rivals the performance of a full-bore mag meter.
The FPI Mag Flow Meter from McCrometer installs without interrupting service, de-watering lines, cutting pipe or welding flanges. Installation costs are reduced by eliminating the need for heavy equipment or extensive manpower. The FPI Mag is the industry’s most economical flow metering solution for large pipe sizes, reducing installed costs by more than 45 percent.
The enhanced design of the new FPI Mag Flow Meter features additional sensing electrodes across the entire pipe diameter for increased sensitivity and is now packaged in a heavy-duty 316 stainless steel sensor body for maximum structural integrity. The sensor is coated with a NSF certified 3M fusion-bonded epoxy coating for operational longevity.
The FPI Mag meter’s compact insertion design fits in confined spaces with limited access and offers total accessibility. The flow meter can be removed in pipes under pressure for easy inspection, cleaning, calibrating or verification with McCrometer’s own NIST traceable Calibration Lab. It is particularly cost-effective for retrofit applications replacing flow meters or in sites never metered before.
Key features include:
- Ease of hot tap installation without interrupting service
- Economical Solution for medium & large line sizes reducing total installed cost by more than 45%
- Insertion design for total accessibility. Removable in pipes under pressure for inspection, cleaning, calibration or verification.
- Multi-electrode sensor delivers accurate total flow profile to rival the performance of a full-bore meter
- Robust Construction for operational longevity with rugged 316 stainless steel sensor body
- Sensor is coated with NSF Certified 3M fusion-bonded epoxy coating ensuring superior long-term operation
- Virtually no recalibration or maintenance. Comes pre-calibrated from McCrometer’s NIST traceable Calibration Lab. With no moving parts, the sensor contains nothing to wear or break.
For more information regarding this news release, please contact Dave Quelch on 0118 916 9407 or email: email@example.com