Pulsar R80 – Setting New Standards for Non-Contact Radar￼
Introducing the Pulsar® Model R80 – 80 GHz FMCW Radar Level Transmitter with FMCW technology and an 80 GHz operating frequency for superior performance, smaller antennas and enhanced accuracy.
The Pulsar R80 brings a sophisticated simplicity to Magnetrol’s best-in-class radar portfolio. Furthermore, Magnetrol’s configuration wizards and proactive diagnostics make commissioning and troubleshooting easier than ever. As with all Magnetrol loop-powered devices, the transmitter head may be separated from the antenna without disrupting the process seal.
The Model R80 is minimally affected by turbulence, foam, or excessive vapours, often the downfall of ultrasonic transmitters and some radar products. The smaller antennas and narrower beam angles allow it to be installed into vessels with smaller process connections and those with internal obstructions that must be avoided.
- Multivariable two-wire, 24 VDC loop-powered transmitter for level, volume, or flow
- 80 GHz signal with beam angles as narrow as 4 degrees
- Process connections down to ¾ inch NPT
- Measuring range of 30 meters (100 feet)
- Proactive diagnostics and troubleshooting tips
- Transmitter head replaceable without breaking process seal
- SIL 2 compliant with 92.3% SFF
- Global hazardous area approvals
- FCC, ETSI, and ISED communication approvals for use on both indoor and outdoor vessels