FlameGard 5 UV/IR-E Flame Detector
The FlameGard 5 UV/IR-E Flame Detector is designed to detect unwanted fires and provide alarm outputs directly from the detector while maintaining false alarm immunity. It detects fires by monitoring in both the ultraviolet and infrared (UV & IR) spectral ranges making it highly immune to false alarms caused by lightning, arc welding, hot objects and other sources of radiation. The detector’s electronics are integral within an explosion proof housing, allowing detector information to be processed at the point of detection. The electronics are fully separated from the Ex e wire compartment, offering protection during installation and service. The model is available in a number of output configurations.
- Wide field of view enables greater coverage for detecting fires utilising fewer detectors
- LED status indication provides clear visibility from front
- Continuous Optical Path Monitoring (COPM) checks optical path integrity and detector’s electronic circuitry once every minute
- Stainless steel construction enables high level of corrosion resistance for Marine environments
- Ex e wiring compartment eases field wiring connection
- Five output configurations provide flexibility of choice and economy of purchase