Service / Support
Regular inspection of meters is recommended. Whilst our Flare Gas Meters are designed and built to be rugged, the aggressive environment in which they are applied can have detrimental effects. Regular checks on electronics, seals, gaskets and explosion proof housings will ensure that your measurement is never compromised.
To ensure the highest competency, ABLE will continue to certify its own service personnel via
rigorous internal training schedules, which are carried out in a live process environment using our
state-of-the-art training rig and are regulated by our ISO 9001 quality systems. Furthermore, as has
always been the case, ABLE will continue to apply its own warranty to the goods and services it
Servicing by an ABLE certified technician is a comprehensive process and typically involves the following steps:
- Transducer cleaning
- Zero-point calibration
- Calculations and totalization check
- Ultrasonic signals and configuration list download
- Analog output calibration
- Analog pressure and temperature input calibration
- Firmware updates
- Provision of service and status report with associated certification
Input and Output Calibration
During service, inputs and outputs are checked with a certified loop calibrator and a calculated correction coefficient is set. This ensures proper system calculations and data acquisition.
A calculation check ensures that all the flow meter calculations and settings are appropriate and internal clock cycles are correct.
Our flare gas meters have no moving or wearing parts, so few operational spares are required. These include:
- Ball valves
- Pressure & temperature transmitters
- FGM – board stack, cable glands, O-rings & fuses
- Transducers & transducer cables
- Packing box